The Ultimate IT Provider Checklist for Financial Service Firms and Investment Advisors
May 3rd, 2014 by admin
Registered Investment Advisories and other Financial Service Firms Must Choose an IT Provider Wisely
Effective and reliable Information Technology plays a critical role in running a Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) firm or other financial services firm. Best-in-class technology systems are necessary for advisors to do their jobs, better serve their clients, and stay competitive in an ever-changing and demanding marketplace.
Financial companies of all kinds have extremely stringent requirements when it comes to IT. SEC compliance and intricate trading systems are just a few of the unique concerns of this industry.
We have created a checklist to help RIAs and other financial services companies better evaluate IT Providers.
Your IT Managed Services Team should have expertise in all the following areas:
- Years of experience serving the financial services market.
- Implementing, migrating, assuring and performance tuning financial applications – Advent, Portfolio Center, CRM systems, financial and trading systems, etc.
- SEC Compliance, including requirements for Email, document retention, and disaster recovery planning.
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) – allowing employees to securely access their data and email remotely, while remaining compliant.
- 24/7/365 customer support available.
- Expert management of desktops, servers, and networks with a strong focus on maximizing productivity and limiting downtime.
- Antivirus and firewall protection to protect your advisory practice.
- IT Productivity Consulting: The market never sleeps; neither can your IT. Learn how to maximize your IT systems for increased productivity.
- Technologically advanced IT solutions to meet your clients’ needs and market changes.
- Personalized IT services built around the unique needs of your financial firm.
Posted in: Partners and Industries