Help Desk Position
Why work at MPA Networks? MPA is a great place to learn a wide variety of new, cutting edge skills, in an environment with a local, family-first work culture. You will gain a comprehensive knowledge of computer and network service and engineering that is normally not possible in a large organization.
This knowledge will cover both on-premises implementations, Cloud implementations, and hybrid implementations. MPA is very selective in picking the 50 or so local companies we serve so you will gain an in-depth knowledge of their people, their technologies, and their environments. Our clients are normally very nice – and so are your co-workers. We strive to provide a team-work and mentor philosophy so you're not all on your own. If you do well, we strive to provide an upgrade path to Network Engineering positions and field service positions. We make every effort to keep you happy.
MPA is the oldest and most experienced computer and network service organization in Northern California.
You will start as a member of the MPA Help Desk Team, the entry portal to a career in Network Engineering. The Help Desk Team provides essential information technology support for MPA's valued clients. Your Team is the initial point of contact for client service requests. In addition, the Help Desk team oversees "Mission Control" - - MPA's remote monitoring, patch updating, back office, disaster recovery, and Cloud data and service centers.
You will work in a dynamic, fast-paced call center that provides services over the phone, via E-Mail, and remote desktop protocols.
- Past work experience in a customer service setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and research skills.
- Experience using Microsoft desktop operating systems, Office, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Functional knowledge of network connectivity, general PC hardware diagnosis, printers, and drivers.
- Configuration of handheld devices including but not limited to iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, and, occasionally, Blackberry.
- Knowledge of Terminal Services and Remote Desktop Connection configuration.
- Experience in Windows Server administrative tasks – creating user accounts, mailboxes, distributions lists, resetting passwords, unlocking domain accounts, and management of file and folder permissions.
- Mac OS X knowledge is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Team Members are responsible for ensuring client satisfaction in every step of problem resolution.
- Team Members are required to track detailed information about each client's service need in an on-line database (ConnectWise).
- Team Members document their diagnostic steps as they troubleshoot the reported problem.
- Team Members often perform online research to find the correct solution.
- Team Members follow-up with all clients to ensure that their needs have been met.
- Team Members keep support services running smoothly and efficiently is a priority at the MPA Helpdesk Team, and all staff is expected to perform other office work as necessary from time to time.
- Team Members must be able to recognize questions that go beyond the scope of services that may be provided by the MPA Help Desk, and bounce service requests to the appropriate Engineering teams.
- Team Members must have reliable transportation which is required for occasional travel when needed.